Paydock Release Notes
Follow our Status Page for more information on product performance.
- Improvement: We have implemented some minor improvements for our new Core Reporting Feature. This time, we have extended the filters for reports and added new update configurations for them.
- Update: As promised, we are in the process of updating the supported length of cards for all the gateways. Our widget can be used now with 13, 16 and 19 digits cards with any gateway.
- Improvement: We have increased the limit for custom fields up to 128 characters for our Rules feature. The additional length provides more flexibility for using this feature.
- New feature: We have implemented Charges Core Reporting, which allows you to create automated reports based on charges or transactions. Using the new functionality, you can set a custom delivery interval, customise the fields which are to be passed, and set required destinations using the external or internal SFTP service. For more information, please refer to these instructions.
- Update: We have extended the supported length for Worldpay WPG gateway. Now, it is possible to use cards with 13, 16 and 19 digits with this gateway, to ensure all schemes and card ages are supported. In the future, this will be rolled out across other services.
- Improvement: We are continuously improving our dashboard. Another minor update is that the name of the Brand or Company will now be displayed on the left hand side of the dashboard when logged into the Master Merchant or Merchant Paydock account.
- Improvement: We have added an authentication.transactionid field into the MPGS payload after initiating the Authentication and Authenticate Payer operations. This field will provide more accurate information during MPGS payments.
- New feature: Now it is possible to delete users from your Paydock Dashboard allowing the admin to control who has access to the company or brand functionalities. To find out more on how to add and manage users, click here.
- New Integration: SFTP service has been added to the Paydock platform which provides the ability to deliver your charge reports securely to the indicated location. To connect it to your dashboard, click on the Add New button in Services and choose Internal or External SFTP Service.
- Improvement: Paydock is continuously improving the Mastercard service. In this release, we have added a new sourceOfFunds.provided.card.storedOnFile field for MPGS transactions which will facilitate the storing of payment details for future usage. Additionally, transaction.source is added to provide the ability to support cardholder-initiated transactions for the gateway.
- Improvement: We have added the ability to support payment_account_reference (PAR), acquiringInstitutionId and eftposFeeCode fields for the EFTPOS service.
- Improvement: We have upgraded the WorldPay WPG service by adding the possibility to send a MOTO (Mail Order Telephone Order) value while creating a charge through Paydock Dashboard. Here you can review how to connect to WorldPay WPG from the Paydock dashboard and start accepting payments through it.
- Improvement: A reference field has been added for CyberSource transactions so that the transactions can be identified based on the unique reference numbers.
- Improvement: We have broadened standalone fraud requests with the ability to submit additional custom fields where you can store additional information in the charge logs. Now it is possible to add up to 25 custom fields whenever you create a charge using standalone fraud and to finalise or decline it after the fraud review.
- Improvement: We have made a minor improvement to our ZipPay integration – ZipPay charges will store the receipt_number parameter so you can reconcile charges made via ZIP with Zip’s back-end systems.
- Update: We have updated our policy on resetting passwords. From now on, the password reset link is only valid for 72 hours. The changes are reflected in the corresponding article.
- New Feature: A new existing notification feature is implemented into the platform – now it is possible to create your own personal templates for webhook notifications. Customise your webhooks and choose which fields to include in the notification.
- New Feature: We are continuously improving the flexibility of the Paydock account management and this time we are happy to inform you that we have implemented a new logic for creating account users. From now on, once the credentials for a new user are indicated, a welcome email with all the details will be sent to the entered email address. For more details, please check our corresponding Merchant and Master Merchant guides.
- Improvement: As promised, a new enhancement for Password Policy is released. In addition to the previous updates, there are 2 new requirements: your password must contain at least one special symbol and the password cannot be changed to any of the 15 previous ones. Please keep in mind that while resetting your password. For more information, please refer to this article.
- Update: We have updated our framework version to make your Client SDK user experience greater. A new framework version will make widgets work faster and remove vulnerabilities.
- Improvement: We have strengthened our security protocols to further protect your Paydock account. From 24th of June 2022, you will need to create a new password every 90 days and your new password will need to include one number and one special character and will need to be at least 14 characters in length. For more details, please refer to these instructions.
- Stay tuned for further updates on our Password policy. Paydock continues to prioritise data security and to enhance our platform’s protocols before this is required by law. There will be more enhancements in future releases, so please continue to monitor our release notes to stay abreast of these changes.
- New Integration: This week we’re proud to announce the release of the EFTPOS payment service! Click here to follow our simple instructions on how to connect to EFTPOS from the Paydock dashboard and start processing payments.
- New Feature: We are happy to announce that we have implemented a new feature for webhook notifications – Basic Authentication. This feature elevates the security of your Paydock account by supporting Basic Authentication protocols for encoding webhook headers. This functionality also allows you using Paydock with other software where Basic Authentication is a must. To find out more, please refer to these instructions.
- New Integration: We are pleased to inform you about a new payment service for our merchants – Visa SRC! Click here to follow our simple guide on how to connect Visa SRC to your Paydock dashboard and start using this payment service to obtain a frictionless shopping experience.
- Improvement: Our team is constantly optimising and expanding our brand new Roles and Feature Toggles functionality for our Master Merchant customers with some new options.
- Improvement: We continually improving our Master Merchant platform for our customers. For this release, we have integrated a new functionality which allows you to manage the 2-Factor Authentication of your Brand users. Please click here to view more details.
- Improvement: We have also updated our Client SDK with some useful improvements.
- New Feature: We are happy to announce a new feature for the Master Merchant platform – Feature Toggles. This feature allows you to manage the features of your Merchant accounts and set permissions for them from a list. For more details, follow these instructions.
- New Feature: We have a new name for the Brand Users feature on the Master Merchant platform. We have implemented new functionality which allows you to create custom roles for brand users and set a list of permissions for them on the Master Merchant (Brand) and Merchant (Company) levels. We have also created a handy and user-friendly display for the new feature. You can read more about it in this guide. In this article you can learn how to manage your users and their permissions.
- Improvement: We have updated our Client SDK with some user-friendly improvements. Check out the details of version 1.11.2 here.
- New Feature: Now you can use the GPayments standalone 3DS service with your Master Merchant account. All you need to do is activate this option while adding the service to your Paydock account.
- Improvement: We have broadened the options for using vault tokens. Now you can use vault tokens to create customers, charges, subscriptions, payment sources, and update a customer’s payment source. For more details, please refer to this guide.
- Update: We have updated the 3DS charge flow with Mastercard by adding the Device IP address field. This improves the smooth operation of creating 3DS payments.
- Improvement: We have added several important changes to the Fat Zebra and Flo2Cash services to bring a completely seamless experience to our Direct Debit Flow. Click here to learn how to create a new direct debit charge.
- Improvement: To avoid confusion when creating new charges, we’ve made some minor adjustments to the NAB error mapping. These will help display the correct error reason received from the service. Here you can find out how to add the NAB gateway to your Paydock account.
- New Feature: We have released a brand new feature for our Master Merchant accounts – Introducing Fee Profiles! This feature enables you to set fees to charge Sub Merchants for using your services. For more information on how you can set up a Fee Profile, please refer to these instructions.
- Update: We have made it even easier to localise your global payment experiences. Our Direct Debits processing feature can now be adapted to your public holidays in your region to ensure funds from Direct Debits are processed accurately on a working day. Find out more here.
- Improvement: We are continually improving our Notifications feature. You can now choose to include all charge data or the last transaction to be sent via webhook notification. For more details, please refer to this guide.
- Update: We have added new events to our Notifications feature: reversal_transaction_success, reversal_transaction_failure. This enables you to know whether a transaction has been voided (cancelled) or not.
- Update: For our client’s security, we have added a new function for using Access Tokens. From now on, you have the option to use access tokens only with specified domain names (for UI only, e.g. when opening a widget in a browser) and from specified IP addresses (for both API and UI). If you wish to add this parameter, please refer to these instructions.
- Update: Payment Express has now rebranded to Windcave. Feel free to refer to these instructions to find out more about how to connect this service to your Paydock account.
- Improvement: We have mapped Paydock’s reference’ field to WPG Worldpay’s ‘orderCode’ field to enhance our experience with the WPG Worldpay payments. If you pass an orderCode value through your Worldpay account, this data will automatically be passed through to Paydock’s reference field, enhancing your reporting and enriching your integration.
- Improvement: We have added some optional fields to our Apple Pay and Google Pay wallet integrations. raw_data_initialization and style. You can now use your own configuration instead of Paydock’s default values for those wallets, directly through our integration. For more details, please refer to our Client SDK documentation.
- New Feature: Introducing Standalone 3DS! This feature enables you to send a 3DS transaction separately from the sale transaction for any PSPs that support a 3DS2 flow. Click here to follow our simple guide on how to create a new 3DS charge.
- New Integration: Paydock now supports GPayments! This new service allows you to use the standalone 3DS feature without any interruptions. Click here to find out how to connect GPayments to your Paydock account.
- New integration: We are pleased to inform you that we have integrated the Google Pay™ wallet product for use with your Mastercard gateway. In order to connect Google Pay™ Wallet to Mastercard, please refer to these instructions.
- New Integration: We are pleased to inform you about a new payment service for our US merchants – Worldpay WPG! Click here to follow our simple guide on how to connect Worldpay WPG to your Paydock dashboard and start accepting card and ACH payments.
- Update: We have updated our Notifications feature by implementing new logic for a faster user experience. To set up notifications for your payment activities, please follow this link.
- Update: We have improved the overall user experience when editing role permissions. It’s now even easier for administrators to assign permissions to users. For more details regarding user role permissions, please refer to these instructions.
- Update: We have upgraded the two-factor authentication (2FA) flow to ensure that the security system works smoothly even if you reset a password on your Paydock account.
- Improvement: We’re continually improving the Till Payments experience via Paydock. Merchants can now use the void feature for complete charges with this gateway. In order to connect Till Payments, please check this guide.
- Improvement: We have added a new ‘particulars’ field for you to be able to pass and keep more detailed information about your customers with Direct Debit. The field is available when creating charges with the Flo2Cash gateway.
- New Feature: Introducing Shared Customer Profiles! Master merchants can enable Customer sharing among Sub-Merchants via your Master Merchant dashboard. This improvement will give possibilities to view shared customers, update them and create new charges for them and better manage sophisticated payment networks across a group. Here you can find out how to share customer profiles via the Master Merchant account.
- New Feature: Master Merchants can create multiple admin users and track their actions from the Master Merchant dashboard. This feature significantly enhances the capabilities and scalability of the Master Merchant capability in large-scale deployments. Click here to learn how to add a new brand user.
- Improvement: We’re continually improving the ‘Activate/deactivate merchants’ option in the Master Merchant facility. You can now pause/reinstate Merchant access tokens and API keys in a couple of clicks. Feel free to refer to this guide for more details.
- Update: We have added new filters to our Charges section to help you differentiate your authorised charges from those which were authorised and captured at once and include them into the charge report separately.
- Improvement: We have improved our Apple Pay payment integration within the SDK to speed up loading times. Please refer to our Client SDK documentation for more details.
- New Feature: Standalone fraud workflow has taken a big boost with this update enabling fraud flows independent of charge flows. Now create ‘stand-alone’ conditional actions based on the fraud result such as initiating a charge request. Click here to find out more about our upgraded fraud orchestration capabilities.
- Improvement: We have broadened our PaymentSourceWidget capabilities by including an option to use a payment source with a vault token in the payment workflow. From now on, a vault-token payment source created with no gateway ID can be utilized in the payment source widget.
- Improvement: We have improved our Client SDK by adding an extra validation which identifies if the iFrame is loaded before sending any request to it.
- Update: We have updated Custom Templates in the Master Merchant platform by adding more merchant-related fields improving the ability to track transactions. This is to help master merchants reconcile and manage merchant transactions better. Example: adding ‘Company_ID’ as a custom field for all reporting and recon requirements.
- Improvement: We have made some minor changes to the PayPal Smart Gateway fields mapping to include ‘invoice_id’ to the service connection.
- New Feature: Activate/deactivate the ‘login’ option for merchants in the Master Merchant facility including Dashboard and API. This feature helps you manage merchant dashboard access in a couple of clicks. Feel free to refer to this guide for more details.
- Improvement: Upgraded the process for creating a new customer using the Flo2Cash gateway. Now you can add the bank account details in the Payment information form via Paydock Dashboard. Click here to find out how to connect the Flo2Cash payment processor.
- Update: We continue to deepen our gateway integrations. We have extended our First American gateway interface to support standalone refunds.
- New Integration: Another week, another payment service. This week we’re proud to announce the release of First American payment gateway! Click here to follow our simple guide on how to connect to First American from the Paydock dashboard and start accepting payments.
- New Feature: We have broadened the Apple Pay via MasterCard capabilities by including capability for dynamic fraud check in the payment workflow. Now your customers can have better security and reduced fraud risk when paying with their preferred wallet. Click here to see an example of how to connect a processing Service (in this case MasterCard gateway) with the Apple Pay wallet plus the Accertify fraud service to your Paydock account.
- Update: Split Payments has now rebranded to Zepto. Feel free to refer to these instructions to find out more about how to connect this service to your Paydock account.
- Improvement: We have improved the logic for displaying the status of BSB charges arising from the Flo2Cash gateway improving the ability for Merchants to reconcile and track their transactions by their statuses.
- Improvement: We’re continually improving the MasterCard ApplePay experience via Paydock. Now Merchants can pass customer shipping details to the checkout flow for even more seamless checkout experience. To use this option for your widget, you will need to include the identifications depending on the use case. For more details, please refer to this guide.
- Improvement: We have added a ‘Payment Source Type’ column to the Charges section, identifying the type of Payment Source used for each payment, this includes wallet (e.g. Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay), card or bank account. The Payment Source Type details will help Merchants with Recon & Reporting.
- New Integration: Paydock now supports Moneris, underlining our continued promise to deliver premium orchestration payments solutions for merchants. Click here to find out how to connect Moneris to your Paydock account.
- New Integration: US Merchants can now enjoy our direct connection to Elavon, an innovative, secure, and global partner for your payment processing needs. To find out how to connect to this service from your Paydock account, please click here.
- New Feature: We are excited to announce that we have launched support for Stripe ACH. Click here to find out how to connect Stripe to your Paydock account.
- Update: We have made further improvements to our MasterCard Apple Pay payments. Now you are able to customize the checkout button while creating an Apple Pay charge.
- Update: We have extended the PayPal Classic transaction response with a shipping address chosen at Paypal when confirming the payment. This improvement will help merchants access and store more information about their customers.
- New Feature: We have broadened the PayPal Smart Button gateway capabilities to include Fraud service support, providing better security and reduced fraud risk. Click here to find out about the PayPal fraud service flow.
- New Feature: We have added further improvements to the Till Payments gateway. This service now supports multiple captures, making your transaction experience easier. Click here to find out how to capture your authorized charge.
- Improvement: We have extended the gateway response for the Mastercard gateway. Now you can find the connected wallet (e.g. Apple Pay, Google Pay) in the response after creating a gateway with a wallet.
- Improvement: We have improved the PayPal refund flow. Now the payments processed with PayPal Classic which were refunded, will have the “Refunded/Failed” status immediately after the refund issuance.
- Improvement: We continue to optimize the Paydock Dashboard. To simplify the navigation experience, the ‘SSO Setup’ and ‘API & Settings’ configurations are now located in the ‘My Company’ tab.
- Improvement: We have tweaked the Company Information fields in the Master Merchant platform to make them easier to understand. You can read more about our Master Merchant platform here.
- Update: Upgraded licencing is now available for Master Merchant accounts to enable manual billing options.
- Update: Improved Charge filter flexibility to enable multiple statuses while searching for Charges. It is possible to select more than one status in the Charges tab or via API. For more information, please check this documentation.
- Improvement: To prevent confusion, we have changed the error message when accessing the Paydock account and API endpoints from an unwhitelisted IP address where IP restrictions are in place. Now the user will receive the “Invalid Credentials or the IP address is not whitelisted” error message while trying to connect to the Paydock account from an IP address which is not added to the whitelist. For more details regarding the whitelist IPs, please refer to these instructions.
- Improvement: We have added the possibility to set a custom order of default and non-default bank account and card fields in our widget, giving you even more control of how these fields are displayed to your customers.
- Improvement: We have revised the 3DS statuses and extended the list with ‘authentication_not_in_effect’ and ‘authentication_exempt’ that can give even more insight on what has happened during the 3DS flow. Now, merchants can see all authentication statuses from the Mastercard gateway on the Paydock side.
- Improvement: We have introduced a new ‘reference2’ field and revised the mapping of reference fields with MPGS so that you can make the utmost use of the information passed from and stored at Paydock.
- New Integration: We are pleased to inform you that we have integrated our next Apple Pay supported service! Now you can use it with your Mastercard gateway or any gateway authorised by ApplePay. In order to connect Apple Pay Wallet with Mastercard, please refer to these instructions.
- Improvement: We have extended the logic of our notifications engine. Now notifications can cover events triggered manually such as a manual charge status update. To find out more about the notification creation, click here.
- Improvement: We’ve tweaked our widget to dynamically show card scheme logos based on card entry. For more details, click here.
- Improvement: Introduced a handy filter to enable merchants to dive into Charges and separate out specific Transaction types via the Charges tab. This allows merchants to drill into a Transaction workflow associated with any Charge. You can find out more about our filter parameters by clicking this link.
- Improvement: We have added a possibility to create custom templates for Charges and Transactions for Master Merchant accounts. For more details on how to create a Master Merchant account, please check this article.
- Improvement: We have extended the transaction response with the fraud ‘reason’ field. If the payment was rejected due to fraud, the transaction response will include the cause value of the rejected transaction. This saves time and enables downstream automated actions.
- New Feature: We have broadened Till Payments gateway capabilities to include full 3DS support providing for better security and reduced fraud.
- New Feature: Flo2Cash supports Direct Debit payments! This feature allows merchants to create direct debit plans and schedule Charges against it using the Paydock native API. Click here to read more.
- New Feature: Manually update Charge statuses. Since some processors do not have the ability to provide statuses of their charges/transactions in a platform addressable manner, Paydock provides an easy to use tool that can help you display the correct status. To find out more about how to update the Charge/Transaction status, click here.
- Improvement: Pre-save filter templates! Now you can not only pre-save chosen fields and labels in your custom Charges or Transactions templates but also the pre-set filters saving you time and providing more value from the Paydock dashboard. You won’t need to choose the required filters again and again when working on reports, which makes Paydock a greater tool to rely on for payments reconciliation. For more details, please refer to this article.
- Update: Tuned MasterCard gateway connection with merchants now enjoying the option to process charges with or without 3DS authentication workflows, providing more choice in their payment strategies.
- Update: Upgraded live payments data in the Paydock Dashboard to provide better transparency on charges with the ‘Authorised’ charge status.
- Update: Introduced a handy filter enabling merchants to track Charges with a “Search by Transaction Type” on the Charges section. This allows merchants to identify target transactions even faster. To find out more about our filter parameters, click here.
- Update: We have updated the SSO feature to include the ability to sign a SAML Request. Now, the SSO as an authentication capability grants users access to multiple applications in a new security level.
- New Feature: Now you are able to capture a custom amount for the authorised charges using the Paydock dashboard. This feature can help you choose any amount required for capturing. The captured amount should be less or equal to the authorised amount.
- Improvement: The Adyen live URL can be generated according to the Adyen API documentation. This improvement will help to communicate with the Adyen live API endpoints and have a seamless experience when using the Adyen gateway.
- New Feature: Introducing our Vault-as-Payment Source! Merchants can now create Vault Tokens independent of any connection to a gateway. This vault token is created on the Paydock side only and does not pass a gateway_id when creating a payment source. With this feature, you can easily switch between various gateways using only one set of payment details against multiple service providers. This enables greater flexibility and agility in defining an orchestration-first payments strategy. To find out more about the Vault-as-Payment Source feature click here.
- Update: We have upgraded the Paydock 3DS transaction object to include ‘gateway_status’ and ‘challenge’ parameters. Now, merchants can benefit from 3DS authentication in the Mastercard gateway by checking the ‘gateway_status’ parameter. The ‘challenge’ parameter provides visibility of how the 3DS flow has been passed by the end-user – either challenge or frictionless.
- Improvement: We have improved our Proxy feature and the way vault tokens are created from a fetch request, this broadens the choice of payment gateways when making a charge with a vault token.
- Improvement: We have simplified our SSO set up by reducing the characters in the login links, providing a quicker and easier experience for businesses sharing these links internally.
- Improvement: We have made some minor adjustments to our dashboard, by displaying businesses’ Company ID in their Paydock account. To check this, you can log into your Paydock Production or Sandbox account, click on the Profile menu on the left hand side and go to ‘My Company’, and the ID is displayed in the upper right corner of the dashboard.
- Update: We have extended the Paydock transaction object. The Retrieval Reference Number (RRN) from the MPGS response is stored in the Paydock transaction now.
- Improvement: We have updated the status for cancelled charges processed through the Adyen gateway, this has changed from “cancel_requested” to “cancelled” enabling more transparency for our customers.
- New Integration: We are excited to announce that we have launched a new integration from PayPal… PayPal Smart Button. With PayPal Checkout Smart Buttons, merchants are able to provide a simplified and secure checkout experience. This feature intelligently tailors the needs of your customers by automatically presenting their preferred payment types, making it easier to complete their purchases. Along with the Smart Button feature, you can now opt into using PayPal’s popular Buy Now Pay Later option, Pay in 4. For more details, please refer to this link. Here you can find out how to initialise the widget with the new PayPal Smart Button.
- New Integration: We are pleased to announce that Paydock supports Till Payments, underlining our continued promise to deliver additional payments solutions for merchants looking to scale! Click here to find out how to connect the new payment processor Till Payments with your Paydock account.
- Improvement: We have improved our overall user experience with our reporting feature. Users can now see the progress of their CSV download once this has been selected from the Paydock dashboard.
- Improvement: We have improved the way refunds are handled in the PayWay gateway. Users are able to more easily track and confirm the status of refunds with upgraded asynchronous message handling between the gateway and Paydock.
- Improvement: We have upgraded the BPoint gateway integration by adding Customer Reference Numbers (CRN). These helpful parameters reduce administration efforts for our merchants when tracking and monitoring their customer’s charges, whilst providing them with an efficient and effortless reconciliation process.
- Improvement: We are continually upgrading our Rules feature. We have refined the prioritisation experience for ease of use.
- Improvement: We have made some minor adjustments to display the gateway_specific_description parameter during a charge creation with the EMS gateway.
- Improvement: Now pass customer and payment source details along with a one-time or a vault token in a 3DS charge for improved 3DS performance.
- Improvement: We have made improvements related to our Paydock widget to reduce failed charges by improving the client side validation experience for card entry.
- New Feature: We have rebranded our Smart Routing section in the Paydock dashboard! Introducing… ‘Rules’, our automated routing of charges feature which allows you to combine several parameters while creating a rule. This creates a truly ‘hands-off’ experience for merchants as multiple payment gateways are managed via the dashboard rather than through heavy integrations or codebase changes. This feature enables you to control charge processing based on parameters such as PAN (card number), payment source, amount, currency, card type, etc. It can also eliminate the risk of fraud with our nifty ‘reject’ rules feature.
- Improvement: We have upgraded our Zip link to provide improved support for global merchants. See our updated helpdesk link here.
- Improvement: Merchants can now create one-time tokens independent of any connection to a gateway with our ‘Vault as Payment Source’ feature, providing greater flexibility and more opportunities within its usage. To find out more about creating and using one time tokens, click here.
- Update: We have updated the Flo2Cash gateway connection. API key now required instead of the legacy username and password solution to start transacting with Flo2Cash through Paydock.
- Improvement: We have refined the Paydock widget workflow experience and improved the CVV validation in our Client SDK.
- Improvement: We have improved the logic of creating a charge with a one-time token to ensure merchants and consumers have a seamless experience when creating charges. Updated API documentation on how to create a charge when using a one-time token can be found here.
- New feature: We continue to extend the Proxy feature. Along with general cardholder data Paydock will proxy sensitive authentication data, such as CVV2 in PCI DSS compliant way so that it can be used for online and offline/manual processing.
- New Integration/Link: Paydock now supports Qualpay. Click here to follow our simple guide on how to connect to Qualpay from the Paydock dashboard and start accepting payments.
- Improvement: We have made some minor adjustments to the Paydock widget to improve workflows within a 3DS cancellation process event management.
- Improvement: We have upgraded the GET /v1/customers?id= endpoint to display additional fields for the ‘payment_sources’ reducing the need for extra API calls in specific scenarios.
- Improvement: We have extended the Proxy fetch flow. Now make fetch requests to the Booking.com platform without requiring card details in live mode.
- New feature: Introducing Paydock Proxy! This feature enables merchants, hoteliers and other third-party platforms who receive card data from third parties (but do not necessarily take payment immediately) to securely store in the Paydock Vault ensuring they are available in a PCI-DSS manner for later online or offline/manual payments. Paydock Proxy works in both ‘push’ and ‘pull’ modes where card data can be ‘pushed’ to Paydock using our transparent API or ‘pulled’ by Paydock if the third party platform supports. Paydock Proxy provides seamless payments orchestration when working with B2B omni-channel, e-commerce and industry integrations.
- New Integration/Link: Paydock now supports the FlyPay gateway.
- New feature: We have introduced some handy new filters enabling merchants to track their customers with a search by full email address on the Master Merchant dashboard. Also works with partial matches. To find out more about our filter parameters, click here.
- Improvement: 3DS request parameters have been extended for even better fraud detection and improved reporting output. These additional request and response parameters can also be selected and used for building Custom Reports and are now available on our dashboard under the Charge menu.
- New feature: We have upgraded the EMS setup to support a 3DS flow with a one-time token. Click here to learn how to do it via the API.
- New feature: Now it is possible to use a tag in the Client SDK to scan card details on mobile iOS devices in both Sandbox and Production mode. The feature is available in the widget version 1.10.15 and later.
Click here to find out how to add a tag to the Paydock widget and how to use our new credit card scanner.
- New feature: We have added the ability to set a transaction reference using a vault token and passing it to the Secure Pay gateway.
- New feature: We have made new changes related to the 3DS authentication. We have added transaction and service logs inside an authentication request.
- Improvement: The ‘card_scheme’ parameter is now added to the ‘payment_sources’ object when creating a customer without a gateway ID.
- Improvement: We have changed the filter logic to now select a specific date range on the Charges page. This eases and speeds up the overall process with filters.
- New feature: Now you can use a tag in the Client SDK to scan card details on mobile iOS devices. It enables you to easily fetch card number and cardholder name. For now, the feature is available only for the Sandbox environment but we plan to release it on Production as well.
Click here to check how to add a tag to the widget and scan your credit card with its help.
- New feature: We have added new ‘payer_id’ and ‘payer_fee’ fields for you to be able to pass and keep more detailed information about your customers. The fields are available when creating charges with the PayPal gateway.
- New feature: Now it is possible to use Smart Routing along with EMS 3DS. The feature allows you to route payments to different EMS gateway IDs (3DS and non-3DS) based on a chosen currency.
- Improvement: We have made some minor adjustments to retrieve archived customers by calling the GET v1/customers?archived=true request.
- Improvement: We have improved the logic for resetting the password in Sandbox and Production environments to make sure you have a seamless experience when using our product.
- New feature: Upgraded EMS link to include direct 3DS using the EMS gateway. Click here to learn how to do it via the API.
- Improvement: We have made some minor adjustments to the mapping of 3DS fields in the MasterCard gateway response.
- Improvement: We have improved the overall logic of creating direct 3DS charges for gateways that support this feature.
- New feature: Paydock now supports the Adyen gateway. Here you can review how to connect to Adyen from the Paydock dashboard and start accepting payments through it.
- Improvement: We have added the ability to set a transaction reference and pass it to the gateway for Secure Pay.
- Improvement: We have made some minor updates for a customer payment source with a one-time token.
- Improvement: Now you can also send the shipping method for a transaction during the 3DS flow.
- Improvement: We have increased the allowed number of characters for metadata for an SSO setup. Now it can be possible to add a metadata consisting of 30 000 symbols.
- New feature: Now it is possible to choose fields that will be included in the CSV reports from the Charge page, both Charges and Txns view mode. You can also drag fields in templates to change their order on the Charges/Txns page and the CSV report. The option to do that appears on the left when hovering over the field name.
More information can be found here.
- Improvement: We have improved the schedule.authorised_pended_at feature to provide better checking for the status check when checking against an archived gateway.
- Improvement: We have made some minor adjustments on the Dashboard page related to company users that don’t have permissions to see all charts. Now they are redirected to the page that every role has access to by default – Charges.
- New Feature: We have expanded the functionality that allows creating custom fields, storing them at Paydock and even passing them to gateways. Now it is possible to create and apply multiple custom templates for the Charges page with various sets of custom fields. Merchants can also set the view mode: for Charges or Transactions, with the list of fields they have chosen for a particular template.
Click here to check more details.
- New Feature: We have added an ability to set custom fields from the ‘Add new charge’ page. Also, merchants can choose the custom fields they passed previously from the dropdown when making a charge.
Click here to find out more.
- New Feature: We have enabled merchants to cancel a charge before its settlement date. It applies to charges in Completed, Pending, Failed and Requested statuses.
- Improvement: We have updated the length of a redirect link generated with the ZipmoneyCheckoutButton widget. Please make sure that you use the latest NPM version with the implemented changes.
- New Feature: We have added a settlement/remittance date for charges made with the BPoint gateway. Now it is displayed in the charge response as a remittance date.
- Improvement: We have optimised a search query for Charges and Customers to reduce the time for loading the Paydock dashboard and improve your experience as a user.
- New Feature: The filter for GET /charges and GET /charges/charge_id endpoints has been expanded with new values.
More information can be found here.
- Improvement: We have made some minor changes so that all the subscription details that you need are included in the CSV reports that you download from the Charges section in the dashboard. This should make your reconciliation process as smooth as possible.
The article on how to download the CSV report can be found here.
- Improvement: We have polished our Charges chart. Now it properly handles the cases with switches from and to daylight saving time.
Click here to check more information about chart management.
- Improvement: We have improved the logic for filtering the allowed response properties to update the custom fields endpoint.
- Improvement: When making a charge with a vault token from a customer, the details of this customer are used instead of those with whom the vault token was created initially.
- New Feature: Now you can send new fields on the /charges/3ds endpoint. We have also added the ability to set new fields in the Paydock widget for your convenience.
- New Feature: Now it is possible to create a customer with a payment source without any gateway. The functionality applies to making a charge and creating a subscription from the customer. Currently, it is available via the API only.
More information can be found here.
- New Feature: The Single-Sign-On feature via SAML was implemented. It enables the secure exchange of user authentication data between web applications and identity service providers. With this feature, users can log into the Paydock dashboard after authenticating with the identity provider using only one set of credentials. It simplifies and speeds up the whole login process, say nothing of enhanced security.
- Improvement: We have updated the error handling for charges made with 3DS and Fraud with no Fraud service connected.
- Improvement: To improve performance, we have reviewed and improved an approach of calculating the charge refund.
- Improvement: We have made some minor adjustments on the Dashboard page related to URL redirects. If the user of the Master Merchant account does not have permission to view some page, they will be redirected to the default page accessible to any user.
- New Feature: The Paydock API now supports custom fields for charge transactions. You can pass custom fields in the transaction object when creating, capturing, canceling and refunding charges. Custom fields can be stored on the Paydock side and sent to EMS (by default) and Stripe (this option should be enabled upon gateway creation or update).
- New Feature: Now it is possible to make charges in dinars (KWD, BHD, IQD, JOD, etc.) with 3 decimal numbers against the EMS gateway via Paydock. This feature is available for direct charges only.
The guide on how to create a charge can be found here.
- Improvement: The HTTP status code is now stored in logs for the Bambora gateway. It adds an extra value to those clients who rely not only on the error code and error description but also on the HTTP code.
- Improvement: We have updated the live URL for sending requests to the Fiserv and EMS gateways.
- Improvement: The aggregation for the charge chart statistics has been optimised to reduce the chart loading time.
Click here to check more information about chart management.
- New Feature: We have introduced error messages pop-ups with adaptive height which makes it more convenient to work with a long text.
- Improvement: We try to improve your experience of using our Client SDK with its every new version. We have released a more stable widget version 1.10.9 which contains an advanced .useAutoResize method. To enjoy all the enhancements, please make sure that you use the latest version.
- New Feature: Two settings are available for the Fiserv gateway now: with and without multicurrency. If you have a non-multicurrency account at the gateway, when activating it at Paydock, you can mention the default currency in which you would like to receive money for the payments. We have added a possibility to check exchange rates at Fiserv for the non-multicurrency setup even before creating a new charge or subscription. This enables you to check in advance what will be the amount of the transaction in your default currency.
More information about dynamic pricing can be found here.
- New Feature: To improve your experience of using ApplePay and GooglePay, we have added the expiration time for the wallet token for you to keep it utilizable for 24 hours.
- Improvement: The Visa logo was updated in the widget with a possibility to choose between blue and white logos depending on the background color of your widget.
- Improvement: We have updated the status of the pre-auth charge with Stripe. If you do not capture it within 7 days, Stripe cancels the charge, though the status at Paydock remains ‘pending’. If you attempt to capture it after this time range, the status will change to ‘failed’ instead of ‘expired’ which better reveals the actual process behind this.
- Improvement: The 500 error code, shown after you create a wallet payment without mentioning a payment source, has been replaced with the 400 one with additional error details.
- New Feature: We have created a great tool for viewing charges and subscriptions statistics right from the dashboard. Now you have a visual representation of all your payments chunked by time, status, amount, etc.
Click here to check more information about chart management.
- New Feature: We have introduced a schedule for calculating a total refunded amount. No manual calculations are needed now, you can find the necessary value in the new field ‘statistics.total_refunded_amout’ in the charge object.
- New Service Connection: Paydock now supports the Advam gateway. You can explore more payment opportunities with another gateway available at Paydock. Here you can review how to connect to Advam from the Paydock dashboard and start accepting payments through it.
- Improvement: The customer object was extended with the gateway name and type fields. Now these fields are also available for a charge from a customer and standalone refund.
- New Service Connection: Paydock now supports the EMS gateway. With every new integration, we aim to offer more opportunities for your payments freedom.
Feel free to check here how you can connect to the gateway through the Paydock dashboard.
- New Service Connection: We have added a possibility to pay with ApplePay and GooglePay via the Stripe gateway. Now you are free to accept payments via wallets with the help of our Client SDK.
Implementation documents are available at NPM.
- Improvement: We have made some minor adjustments to the Stripe gateway integration process. You will need your Stripe public key as well which, in its turn, enables you to enjoy our new features, such as ApplePay and GooglePay via Stripe, Stripe sub-accounts and many more.
- New Feature: A new filter is available for charges. Now you can filter items by a vault token. It can be useful both for regular merchants and Master Merchants to be able to track the usage of vault tokens.
- New Feature: Master Merchant functionality was improved with new styles available for the ‘Reset password’ email.
A more detailed overview of the Master Merchant Platform can be found in this video.
- Improvement: Security improvements added.
- New Feature: “Login as Sub Merchant”: Another great feature has been added to the Master Merchant platform. To have a closer look at Sub Merchants’ settings and charges, the Master Merchant can log into and out of their accounts with just one click.
- New Feature: “Easy to identify Stripe Subaccounts via Labels”: The Stripe subaccounts functionality has been extended with a new ‘Label’ field that makes it easier to identify a particular subaccount among others. Currently, it is available via API only.
Click here to check more details.
- New Feature: “Style iFrame Background Colour”: We have made minor styling changes to our widget. Now it is possible to apply the background color to the whole iFrame.
- New Feature: “Virtual Connection to PSPs”: Now you can connect to some payment gateways not only in a sandbox or production mode but also in a virtual one.
- Improvement: We continue improving the Master Merchant facility and its branding functionality. In this release, we have added more elements which can be styled from the Master Merchant dashboard, e.g. the color of the loading bar, API keys, support email, etc.
Click here to find out more.
- Improvement: We have added the ability to pass a Paydock charge description as an order description at Authorize.net. It will make payments reconciliation much easier for our Auth.net customers.
- New Feature: The Shared Vault Group functionality is available in the dashboard now. It enables Master Merchants to share vault tokens across multiple Sub Merchants with just a few clicks.
- New Feature: We continue expanding the charge object. Now all payments made with Stripe and Fiserv contain the stub remittance date.
- New Feature: We have added the ability to create Stripe accounts to route payments between multiple recipients who need to get paid. Currently, the functionality is available through the API only but we are in the process of adding it to the dashboard.
- New Feature: The Master Merchant platform was extended with another feature – Shared Vault Group. Now your Sub Merchants can access and use shared resources, namely, vault tokens. It enables them to re-use customer’s billing details for future payments instead of collecting them again. It is available via the API for now.
Click here to check more details.
- New Feature: Now it is possible to configure specific retry settings for every subscription. Each and every subscription can have its own retry interval, frequency, count and fail status.
The guide on how to create a subscription can be found here.
- New Feature: When creating charges with the Stripe gateway, you can specify a descriptor suffix to pass additional details on the transaction.
- Improvement: Paydock has improved the 3DS initiation flow with the MasterCard gateway that allows preventing charges stuck ‘in progress’.
- New Feature: The additional search fields “Amount” and “Card number last 4 digits” are available on the “Charges” page in the dashboard.
- Improvement: Now the charge object for all gateways includes the “gateway_name” and “gateway_type” fields. You can view them via the API only.
- Improvement: Paydock stability has been increased thanks to the ongoing integrity monitoring checks.
- New Feature: The Master Merchant facility has been improved. Now it is possible to set styles and images specific to your brand. You can change buttons and links colors, modify slogans on sign-in and sign-up pages, add URL references to your website, etc.
Click here to find out more.
- New Feature: The API functionality of the charge object has been expanded. Now charges made with the Stripe gateway can contain the “meta.stripe_descriptor” option mapped to a descriptor suffix field at Stripe.
- Improvement: We have blocked the possibility to attempt a refund of the ‘refund only’ transaction in the dashboard.
Click here to check more information about the refund feature.
- Bug Fix: Email notifications for the “subscription_creation_failure” event were not displayed on the History page in the dashboard.
- Improvement: The ‘reference’ field was included in the 3DS pre-authorize request with the MasterCard gateway.
- Improvement: Now it is possible to create pre-auth charges with the Fiserv gateway from the Paydock dashboard.
- Bug Fix: The user faced ‘Access forbidden’ error messages in the dashboard when opening pages that contained endpoints where the user did not have access.
- Bug Fix: The Bambora gateway errors did not map properly for direct debit charges after consequent API requests on charge status checks.
- New Service Connection: Paydock now supports a new gateway – Fiserv PSP for Merchants. Wondering how you can start using it?
Visit our helpdesk article for more details.
- Feature release: The customizable branding for the Master Merchant facility is live. Now a master merchant can upload a logo/favicon/background from the dashboard (from the new “My Brand” page).
Click here to find out more.
- Improvement: Updated the format of the expiry date passed to Bambora. Previously, the charge for the customer created with a one-digit month failed with the ‘invalid expiry date’ error message.
- Bug Fix: A user couldn’t set time when trying to reactivate a subscription.
More information about reactivation can be found here.
- Improvement: Not all gateway errors were processed correctly for Windcave. Error mapping was reviewed and updated.
- Improvement: Not all gateway errors were processed correctly for Bambora. Error mapping was reviewed and updated.
- Feature release: Now a user can whitelist IP addresses from the dashboard (there is a new “Security” tab in the “My Company” page).
Click here to check more details.
- Bug Fix: If the error message was too long, a part of it was invisible in the pop-up window.
- Bug Fix: CSV exports did not contain all the filtered items from the dashboard because of the missing timezone.
- Bug Fix: The “Return to sign in page” link was broken on the 2FA confirmation page.
- Improvement: Security improvements added.
- New Service Connection: MasterCard Gateway Service is now available at Paydock. We have integrated this new gateway to offer more opportunities to you and contribute to your seamless experience.
You can check this Helpdesk article on how to set it up in your Paydock account.
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue with Client SDK when using it as a module.
- Bug Fix: Solved the issue with a Merchant Warrior bank account created as a card.
- Feature release: Released the new policy to keep the user’s password secure as a part of the PCI DSS Compliance. Now you get a warning if your password is too weak and does not comply with security requirements.
- Improvement: Added a filter parameter to search by cards or bank account only in the vault.
- Bug Fix: ‘Amount’ and ‘Currency’ columns are combined and shown as one column in the dashboard tabs.
- Bug Fix: Left-hand side navigation menu below your name is not collapsed when navigating sub-pages.
- Bug Fix: Resolved the issue with capturing an authorized charge.
- Improvement: Extended charge information from API now included in dashboard bulk-download capability.
- Improvement: Small clean up of dashboard currency display to save space.
- Improvement: Tightened up permissions and security around Owner vs Admin role behaviour.
- Bug Fix: Small UI clean up on the password reset page.
- Feature release: Dashboard tracker on Subscriptions to help identify if status changes were triggered by the Paydock engine or applied manually. Column is titled ‘Last Status Change’.
- Improvement: Dashboard user can now move Subscriptions to the ‘Complete’ status manually on the Paydock dashboard.
- Improvement: Updated UI for archived Customers.
- Improvement: Minor UI improvements across Dashboard.
- Feature release: Now download complete sets of filtered records when on Vault, Customer, Subscription, Transfer and Charges pages. Click the “All Filtered Items” button to export the complete set of requested data.
View Helpdesk Article
- Improvement: Updated Vault search via Dashboard to include bank accounts.
- Improvement: Customer objects can now have a Company attribute.
- Improvement: Updated Vault search via Dashboard to include bank accounts.
- Improvement: Updated integration with Fat Zebra gateway to enable omit_expiry parameter.
Feb 7th 2020
- Feature release: New parameters available when running reporting queries on the PayDock API. Now filter Charges based on last updated date both ‘from’ and ‘to’.
View API docs here.
- Feature release: Richer queries available from Charges API. Dynamically include related Subscription current and historical/snapshot information within the Charges request by using the new “expand” parameter.
View API docs here.
Feb 3rd 2020
- Feature release: Enhanced transaction/charge report downloads. Now download complete, filtered and/or unlimited row transaction searches directly from the dashboard.
- Fixed. Small bug in resetting start dates for Subscriptions in Dashboard
- Upgraded logging microservice to enable us to provide richer support to our merchants
Jan 10th 2020
- New Service Connection: Proud to announce the inclusion of Bpoint to the Paydock family further adding to the value we bring Merchants and Vendors. Now accessible via Paydock Dashboard and API and works alongside all our core features including Smart Routing, Recurring Payments, Notifications, Vault and more. To find out more:
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
Dec 27th 2019
- Feature Release: Extension to Customer object to include Description field (not just Reference)
Accessible via both API and Dashboard
- Inclusion of Vault Token ID when reviewing Customer Payment Sources (if applicable)
Dec 21st 2019
- Feature Release: Bank accounts now included directly in Vault
Previously, bank account details were attached to Customer Payment Sources, however you can now directly add, store and manage bank account details in the Paydock Vault via API and Dashboard interfaces.
- System improvements and performance optimisations
Dec 5th 2019
- Feature Release: Paydock X-Ray/Audit Tool.
Introducing end-to-end system activity traceability throughout the Paydock orchestration platform. This includes any third parties who have been granted access and internal admin users. Please view the Helpdesk article here
- Minor bug fixes
Nov 28th 2019
- Feature Release. Ability to filter Notification history by Subscription, Charge, Transaction objects
This improves the ease of searching historical Notifications for re-issuing when required.
- Minor bug fixes and tidy-ups
Nov 11th 2019
- Improvements to the CSV download capabilities in the Paydock merchant dashboard.
- Improvements to the error information available in the Charge object when triggering a POST request via the API
- Improvements to the Paydock merchant license billing details update
Sept 27th 2019
- Feature Release: Ability for Merchants to configure retry parameters at a subscription level
This enables fine-grain controls of how Paydock Subscriptions handle failed-payment activity including the ability to configure interval, frequency, limit and failed status.
- Feature Release: Place Subscriptions in ‘held’ status
Sept 11th 2019
- Improvements to the credit card expiry date workflow.
- Improvements to Subscriptions when the payment source is changed including the ‘default’ setting.
June 11th 2019
- Feature Release: Smart Routing Engine
This enables merchants to build cascading rules to direct payments to specific services depending on rulesets.
- Improvements to 2FA experience
- Tweaks to the dashboard to improve user experience (and reduce brain-power required)
- Improvements to phone number handling in the Paydock SDK