PayDock Release Notes
Follow us on Twitter via @thepaydock to receive instant notifications regarding version releases and new features.
- New Feature: Two settings are available for the Fiserv gateway now: with and without multicurrency. If you have a non-multicurrency account at the gateway, when activating it at Paydock, you can mention the default currency in which you would like to receive money for the payments. We have added a possibility to check exchange rates at Fiserv for the non-multicurrency setup even before creating a new charge or subscription. This enables you to check in advance what will be the amount of the transaction in your default currency.
- New Feature: To improve your experience of using ApplePay and GooglePay, we have added the expiration time for the wallet token for you to keep it utilizable for 24 hours.
- Improvement: The Visa logo was updated in the widget with a possibility to choose between blue and white logos depending on the background color of your widget.
- Improvement: We have updated the status of the pre-auth charge with Stripe. If you do not capture it within 7 days, Stripe cancels the charge, though the status at Paydock remains ‘pending’. If you attempt to capture it after this time range, the status will change to ‘failed’ instead of ‘expired’ which better reveals the actual process behind this.
- Improvement: The 500 error code, shown after you create a wallet payment without mentioning a payment source, has been replaced with the 400 one with additional error details.
- New Feature: We have created a great tool for viewing charges and subscriptions statistics right from the dashboard. Now you have a visual representation of all your payments chunked by time, status, amount, etc.
- New Feature: We have introduced a schedule for calculating a total refunded amount. No manual calculations are needed now, you can find the necessary value in the new field ‘statistics.total_refunded_amout’ in the charge object.
- New Service Connection: Paydock now supports the Advam gateway. You can explore more payment opportunities with another gateway available at Paydock. Here you can review how to connect to Advam from the Paydock dashboard and start accepting payments through it.
- Improvement: The customer object was extended with the gateway name and type fields. Now these fields are also available for a charge from a customer and standalone refund.
- New Service Connection: Paydock now supports the EMS gateway. With every new integration, we aim to offer more opportunities for your payments freedom. Feel free to check here how you can connect to the gateway through the Paydock dashboard.
- New Service Connection: We have added a possibility to pay with ApplePay and GooglePay via the Stripe gateway. Now you are free to accept payments via wallets with the help of our Client SDK. Implementation documents are available at NPM.
- Improvement: We have made some minor adjustments to the Stripe gateway integration process. You will need your Stripe public key as well which, in its turn, enables you to enjoy our new features, such as ApplePay and GooglePay via Stripe, Stripe sub-accounts and many more.
- New Feature: A new filter is available for charges. Now you can filter items by a vault token. It can be useful both for regular merchants and Master Merchants to be able to track the usage of vault tokens.
- New Feature: Master Merchant functionality was improved with new styles available for the ‘Reset password’ email.
- Improvement: Security improvements added.
- New Feature: “Login as Sub Merchant”: Another great feature has been added to the Master Merchant platform. To have a closer look at Sub Merchants’ settings and charges, the Master Merchant can log into and out of their accounts with just one click.
- New Feature: “Easy to identify Stripe Subaccounts via Labels”: The Stripe subaccounts functionality has been extended with a new ‘Label’ field that makes it easier to identify a particular subaccount among others. Currently, it is available via API only.
- New Feature: “Style iFrame Background Colour”: We have made minor styling changes to our widget. Now it is possible to apply the background color to the whole iFrame.
- New Feature: “Virtual Connection to PSPs”: Now you can to connect to some payment gateways not only in a sandbox or production mode but also in a virtual one.
- Improvement: We continue improving the Master Merchant facility and its branding functionality. In this release, we have added more elements which can be styled from the Master Merchant dashboard, e.g. the color of the loading bar, API keys, support email, etc.
- Improvement: We have added the ability to pass a PayDock charge description as an order description at Authorize.net. It will make payments reconciliation much easier for our Auth.net customers.
- New Feature: The Shared Vault Group functionality is available in the dashboard now. It enables Master Merchants to share vault tokens across multiple Sub Merchants with just a few clicks.
- New Feature: We continue expanding the charge object. Now all payments made with Stripe and Fiserv contain the stub remittance date.
- New Feature: We have added the ability to create Stripe accounts to route payments between multiple recipients who need to get paid. Currently, the functionality is available through the API only but we are in the process of adding it to the dashboard.
- New Feature: The Master Merchant platform was extended with another feature – Shared Vault Group. Now your Sub Merchants can access and use shared resources, namely, vault tokens. It enables them to re-use customer’s billing details for future payments instead of collecting them again. It is available via the API for now.
- New Feature: Now it is possible to configure specific retry settings for every subscription. Each and every subscription can have its own retry interval, frequency, count and fail status.
- New Feature: When creating charges with the Stripe gateway, you can specify a descriptor suffix to pass additional details on the transaction.
- Improvement: PayDock has improved the 3DS initiation flow with the MasterCard gateway that allows preventing charges stuck ‘in progress’.
- New Feature: The additional search fields “Amount” and “Card number last 4 digits” are available on the “Charges” page in the dashboard.
- Improvement: Now the charge object for all gateways includes the “gateway_name” and “gateway_type” fields. You can view them via the API only.
- Improvement: PayDock stability has been increased thanks to the ongoing integrity monitoring checks.
- New Feature: The Master Merchant facility has been improved. Now it is possible to set styles and images specific to your brand. You can change buttons and links colors, modify slogans on sign-in and sign-up pages, add URL references to your website, etc.
- New Feature: The API functionality of the charge object has been expanded. Now charges made with the Stripe gateway can contain the “meta.stripe_descriptor” option mapped to a descriptor suffix field at Stripe.
- Improvement: We have blocked the possibility to attempt a refund of the ‘refund only’ transaction in the dashboard.
- Bug Fix: Email notifications for the “subscription_creation_failure” event were not displayed on the History page in the dashboard.
- Improvement: The ‘reference’ field was included in the 3DS pre-authorize request with the MasterCard gateway.
- Improvement: Now it is possible to create pre-auth charges with the Fiserv gateway from the PayDock dashboard.
- Bug Fix: The user faced ‘Access forbidden’ error messages in the dashboard when opening pages that contained endpoints where the user did not have access.
- Bug Fix: The Bambora gateway errors did not map properly for direct debit charges after consequent API requests on charge status checks.
- New Service Connection: PayDock now supports a new gateway – Fiserv PSP for Merchants. Wondering how you can start using it? Visit our helpdesk article for more details.
- Feature release: The customizable branding for the Master Merchant facility is live. Now a master merchant can upload a logo/favicon/background from the dashboard (from the new “My Brand” page).
- Improvement: Updated the format of the expiry date passed to Bambora. Previously, the charge for the customer created with a one-digit month failed with the ‘invalid expiry date’ error message.
- Bug Fix: A user couldn’t set time when trying to reactivate a subscription.
- Improvement: Not all gateway errors were processed correctly for Windcave. Error mapping was reviewed and updated.
- Improvement: Not all gateway errors were processed correctly for Bambora. Error mapping was reviewed and updated.
- Feature release: Now a user can whitelist IP addresses from the dashboard (there is a new “Security” tab in the “My Company” page).
- Bug Fix: If the error message was too long, a part of it was invisible in the pop-up window.
- Bug Fix: CSV exports did not contain all the filtered items from the dashboard because of the missing timezone.
- Bug Fix: The “Return to sign in page” link was broken on the 2FA confirmation page.
- Improvement: Security improvements added.
- New Service Connection: MasterCard Gateway Service is now available at PayDock. We have integrated this new gateway to offer more opportunities to you and contribute to your seamless experience. You can check this Helpdesk article on how to set it up in your PayDock account.
- Bug Fix: Fixed the issue with Client SDK when using it as a module.
- Bug Fix: Solved the issue with a Merchant Warrior bank account created as a card.
- Feature release: Released the new policy to keep the user’s password secure as a part of the PCI DSS Compliance. Now you get a warning if your password is too weak and does not comply with security requirements.
- Improvement: Added a filter parameter to search by cards or bank account only in the vault.
- Bug Fix: ‘Amount’ and ‘Currency’ columns are combined and shown as one column in the dashboard tabs.
- Bug Fix: Left-hand side navigation menu below your name is not collapsed when navigating sub-pages.
- Bug Fix: Resolved the issue with capturing an authorized charge.
- Improvement: Extended charge information from API now included in dashboard bulk-download capability.
- Improvement: Small clean up of dashboard currency display to save space.
- Improvement: Tightened up permissions and security around Owner vs Admin role behaviour.
- Bug Fix: Small UI clean up on the password reset page.
- Feature release: Dashboard tracker on Subscriptions to help identify if status changes were triggered by the PayDock engine or applied manually. Column is titled ‘Last Status Change’.
- Improvement: Dashboard user can now move Subscriptions to the ‘Complete’ status manually on the PayDock dashboard.
- Improvement: Updated UI for archived Customers.
- Improvement: Minor UI improvements across Dashboard.
- Feature release: Now download complete sets of filtered records when on Vault, Customer, Subscription, Transfer and Charges pages. Click the “All Filtered Items” button to export the complete set of requested data.
View Helpdesk Article
- Improvement: Updated Vault search via Dashboard to include bank accounts.
- Improvement: Customer objects can now have a Company attribute.
- Improvement: Updated Vault search via Dashboard to include bank accounts.
- Improvement: Updated integration with Fat Zebra gateway to enable omit_expiry parameter.
Feb 7th 2020
- Feature release: New parameters available when running reporting queries on the PayDock API. Now filter Charges based on last updated date both ‘from’ and ‘to’.
View API docs .
- Feature release: Richer queries available from Charges API. Dynamically include related Subscription current and historical/snapshot information within the Charges request by using the new “expand” parameter.
View API docs
Feb 3rd 2020
- Feature release: Enhanced transaction/charge report downloads. Now download complete, filtered and/or unlimited row transaction searches directly from the dashboard.
- Fixed. Small bug in resetting start dates for Subscriptions in Dashboard
- Upgraded logging microservice to enable us to provide richer support to our merchants
Jan 10th 2020
- New Service Connection: Proud to announce the inclusion of Bpoint to the PayDock family further adding to the value we bring Merchants and Vendors. Now accessible via PayDock Dashboard and API and works alongside all our core features including Smart Routing, Recurring Payments, Notifications, Vault and more. To find out more:
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
Dec 27th 2019
- Feature Release: Extension to Customer object to include Description field (not just Reference)
Accessible via both API and Dashboard
- Inclusion of Vault Token ID when reviewing Customer Payment Sources (if applicable)
Dec 21st 2019
- Feature Release: Bank accounts now included directly in Vault
Previously, bank account details were attached to Customer Payment Sources, however you can now directly add, store and manage bank account details in the PayDock Vault via API and Dashboard interfaces.
- System improvements and performance optimisations
Dec 5th 2019
- Feature Release: PayDock X-Ray/Audit Tool.
Introducing end-to-end system activity traceability throughout the PayDock orchestration platform. This includes any third parties who have been granted access and internal admin users. View Helpdesk Article
- Minor bug fixes
Nov 28th 2019
- Feature Release. Ability to filter Notification history by Subscription, Charge, Transaction objects
This improves the ease of searching historical Notifications for re-issuing when required.
- Minor bug fixes and tidy-ups
Nov 11th 2019
- Improvements to the CSV download capabilities in the PayDock merchant dashboard.
- Improvements to the error information available in the Charge object when triggering a POST request via the API
- Improvements to the PayDock merchant license billing details update
Sept 27th 2019
- Feature Release: Ability for Merchants to configure retry parameters at subscription level
This enables fine-grain controls of how PayDock Subscriptions handle failed-payment activity including the ability to configure interval, frequency, limit and failed status.
- Feature Release: Place Subscriptions in ‘held’ status
Sept 11th 2019
- Improvements to the credit card expiry date workflow.
- Improvements to Subscriptions when the payment source is changed including the ‘default’ setting.
June 11th 2019
- Feature Release: Smart Routing Engine
This enables merchants to build cascading rules to direct payments to specific services depending on rulesets.
- Improvements to 2FA experience
- Tweaks to dashboard to improve user experience (and reduce brain-power required)
- Improvements to phone number handling in the PayDock SDK